Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hand

Two years ago, I went to Santa Fe for the wedding of a dear friend. While there, like many tourists do, I felt compelled to buy something Southwestern. This hand piece stuck out to me. As an artist the hand is the conduit of creativity.
When I was a teen I took an art class in which I found a Mayan symbol...the blue hand...or something like that. As a youth I was searching for a symbol that I could relate to and my teacher had a book of Mayan symbols...to this day I sign my name with this hand symbol.
Well it all has come together this blue hand and this pendent purchase. When I thought up the Walk with ME project, I thought it came out of the blue but as I look at old notes and think about my artistic path this is a culmination of thoughts and acts. Which these relics of the past point to.

No comments:

Post a Comment